Family Picture

Family Picture

9.05.2012

Montessori Greenhouse School...Day 1!!

This morning Madison was awoken by Daddy and Ellie at 6:30am, helped into the clothes we picked out together the night before, watched an episode of Octonauts while Daddy and I got ready for work, gave hugs and kisses as Daddy left for his first day back at school and shortly after Madison and I left house for school and work... Yup! the crazy schedule is back, but hopefully not too crazy...:-)

Madison was so excited to go to school and before I asked her to put on her shoes she put her brand new shoes we picked out yesterday and was ready to go! She asked where her bag was and I gave her one of the bags with her change of clothes and by the time I locked the door she was around the corner so excited to go to Cubberly(her K-8 future school:-) which she calls the bear school with cupcakes(we will show you why that is another time...:-) She said "I can run to bear school!" and she was off down the sidewalk thinking that's where she was going...

Watching that made me a lot less nervous about how she may react when I drop her off this morning, I was pretty sure she would do great today:-)

At 7:30 she was the first one there apparently all those snobby rich people only drop their kids off right before their 10:00 Pilates class...:-) Hopefully Madison will think that her private playtime with the morning shift teacher is pretty special...

We had a really successful good bye as she gave me a big hug and a kiss and went back to playing with her block puzzles which was just perfect and I took off to fight my 40 minute morning traffic...

This is where I come in (Daddy)...today was just meetings and classroom set-up time, so right at the 3pm bell I was off to get Madison leaving behind my less than set-up classroom :-)

I arrived at the school which is about ten minutes from our place at 3:30pm and Madison was there to greet me jumping up and down screaming Daddy with a big smile on her face...if you haven't tried it, it is a wonderful way to be greeted. She was playing outside and quickly took me to her cubby and grabbed her lunchbag and pillow. I convinced her to leave the pillow, but she kept asking where her strawberry bag was...finally we asked one of the teachers and it turned out to be her extra set of clothes bag that stays at school, but that girl is so good at remembering things it is really cute. Her teacher said she did great, not a tear was shed and she took her nap. Her lunch, which Anna has to make now, but I think we like because we can better regulate what she eats, was completely gone. After a quick look at the classroom's pet hamster we hit the road.

As Anna said, back to the routine...definitely less crazy this year however as I was thinking on a Tuesday night the past 18 months I would have been dropping Madison off at a friends and then heading to college...it is definitely nice to have that done...although when my basketball games start things could get crazy again so stay tuned :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment