Family Picture

Family Picture

5.26.2013

Mother's Day and 9th Wedding Anniversary

For the 4th year in a row I got to wake up to the delicious smell of a special Mother's day breakfast that Madison and Daddy made for me...:-) I got nice cards and a prenatal massage which I'm really excited to use in a few weeks...:-)


After the morning service we quickly got ourselves over to one of my favorite restaurants "Cafe Hiro" for our Mother's Day lunch:-) I almost always have to order the Cod Roe Spaghetti but this time I forced myself to try something new and went with Roasted Scallops with Mushroom Risotto. The Calamari Fritters with Parmesan cheese that we got as an appetizer were sooo delicious!
 Our meals came with a yummy salad and a carrot soup.
 Dave's Pork Cutlet Curry
 Roasted scallops with Mushroom risotto.

 We got Madison a side of rice and this fried chicken but she didn't want it so Dave and I each tried one but we were so full the rest had to go to waste:-( It was really good though!

Wednesday the 15th was our 9th wedding anniversary so Dave and I took off work at the last minute and decided to go on a day date to Venice Beach for lunch and a stroll...:-) We were worried that Madison would not want to go to school when both of us were around to drop her off but she knew we needed to spend some quality time alone and happily got dropped off at school in the morning so we were very proud of her:-) and the fact that she loves going to that school really helps!

My boss who is a true Californian and knows a lot of cool eateries recommended a restaurant called "The Tasting Kitchen" but they are not open for lunch during the week so we went with her #2 recommendation of a place called "Gjelina" on Abbot Kinney Blvd in Venice Beach. We headed there right after we dropped off Madison and strolled the street with a bunch of privately owned little shops... On that day we might have found THE BEST gelato shop called "Nice Cream" with THE BEST gelatos to offer... They make ALL THE GELATOS fresh in the morning so we were the first gelato customers of the day since we were there like 10:30 in the morning! We tried Strawberry and White Chocolate which we don't have a picture of but trust us they tasted sooooo good, it was so creamy and amazing flavors of real strawberries and white chocolate! I've had a lot of gelatos in my life although I've never been to Italy yet, it was by far the best I've ever had:-)

After the most amazing dessert we picked up some interesting things to bring home to Madison and got in line for our 11:30 lunch at Gjelina...

I had my heart set on the avocado/beet salad thing that I saw a picture of on yelp but since their menu is very seasonal it will be another reason to come back to this place some other time...:-)

I love fries so we had to order the Pomme Frites...
   
Then the berkshire pork meatballs in amazing tomato sauce which we dipped our fries in!
 Wood roasted cauliflower with Garlic, Parsley and Chili was so delicious:-)
  
 By the time we got our pizzas we were pretty full so we ended up taking a full pie(combined two pizzas) home for dinner:-) I got the hen of the woods mushroom pizza with beet greens and Taleggio and Dave got Blanco which has mozzarella, Parmesan, Fromage Blanc & Castelvatrano Olives.
 

Since I never get to see how she naps at school and because we missed her so much we went extra early to pick her up... Most of the kids that get to school by 8 apparently takes their naps the longest so among such a loud noise that is going on in the classroom 5 or so kids were still deeply asleep when we got there including our M... I would say she has a prime spot for her nap. Thank you Madison for letting us have a lovely day to celebrate our 9 years of marriage:-)


Thank you  Dave for the diamond studs, I love them! and you are welcome for biking/triathlon suits:)

No comments:

Post a Comment