Family Picture

Family Picture

8.13.2009

Not the best day trip/あんまり良くない日

So today we had to pause from our day trip fun to be responsible adults...I hate being responsible...but Anna had had a tooth bothering her for a little while so we both made our overdue dental appointments for a check-up and cleaning...being the gentleman that I am, I let Anna go first and we found out the news we hoped not to hear...she needs to get a root canal...last summer I had the pleasure of getting a root canal and two of my wisdom teeth out in the span of the two month summer...now it is Anna's turn (minus the wisdom teeth). I was pretty confident I would be okay because pretty much every tooth I have has a filling in it or is fake (thanks to my root canal)...and thankfully I was right...so Anna goes back next Wednesday to have her root canal...YUCK!!! The only picture we took at the dentist's office was one of Madison being changed on the floor because nobody wants to remember a trip to the dentist in pictures...man Madison is lucky she doesn't have any teeth...you know if I keep up the way I'm going I may not be far behind her :-)
今日は小旅行を人休憩して責任のある大人になる事に...アンナの歯が少し痛みだしたから2人とも歯医者さんに検診に行く事にしました。アンナがまず最初に入ってやっぱり思っていた通り1本歯を抜かなきゃいけない事に:( 去年の夏同じように1本歯を抜いてその上2本親知らずを採らなきゃいけなかったデイヴ、どうやら今年はアンナの番のよう...来週の水曜日に予約があります。誰も歯医者さんに言った事覚えていたくないと思うから今日の写真は歯医者さんの待合室でおむつを替えてもらっているマディソンです。マディソンは歯が無くてラッキーだね!

Oh...I must also take a moment to apologize to anyone who recognizes the outfit Madison is wearing as one they gave us because it is the last time you will ever see it on her...let me explain...this morning Anna and I debated whether to put Madison in it again or not because the sleeves are tight, but we decided she could wear it this one last time and then we would retire it...well retire it we did...somewhere between the drive home from the dentist's office and removing Madison from her car seat...about a half hour span...Madison had the biggest explosion ever...it escaped the strongholds of her diaper and soaked the side of her outfit...poor baby...so Anna and I debated the best way to solve this little dilemma and she suggested the bathtub be a good place to start...brilliant!!! So we put Madison in her bath tub and began to try to remove the soiled clothing...but as I struggled to get Madison out of the sleeves, I realized the most soiled part would have to travel right over her face so I did what any loving father would do...I used the jaws of life and I cut my baby right out of that outfit and was quite proud of myself for coming up with that solution...then Madison washed away all the goo and got an extra time in the tub to boot...not a bad deal at all!! Just for the record this onesie was one of Anna's favorite since it had bunch of purple flowers on it so thank you for getting it for our Madison:-)
この写真のマディソンが着ている服を買ってくれた人には悪いけどこれを着るのは今日で最後になってしまいました。今日の朝アンナと袖が少しきついから着せようか迷ったあげく最後に一回着せてあげることに...歯医者さんから帰る途中に今までで一番大きいうんち!おむつからはみ出してマディソンの銅の方まで広がってしまいました。なので、どうやって綺麗にすれば良いか話し合ってお風呂に入れる事に...でも濡れてる服はマディソンの体にピッタリでなかなか脱がせられずその上汚れている服をマディソンの頭に通したくなかったので仕様が無く真っ二つにはさみで切る事に!よかった、よかった!

And now time for the bonus pic of the day...
今日のボーナス写真...

Now before you go saying that the bonus pic of the day doesn't look very unrelated to the topic of the day...very funny!! These are not all for Anna and my sweet teeth as we will be sharing them with our friends on the beach tomorrow and with our Church family when we have worship at a State Park this Sunday...but Anna once again put her baking talents to work as she has sworn off boxed mixes and makes everything from scratch...I actually have to stop typing now as she has started taste testing without me...I guess that tooth isn't slowing her down any :-)
あした友達と海に行くとき用と日曜日に教会の人たちと国立公園にいくとき用にアンナが作ったカップケーキ。おいしそうでしょ?

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm dentist and cupcake day. Yum! A root canal, however, does not sound like a whole lot of fun. I've only ever had a tooth drilled once and it HURT so bad! (I don't numb easily.)

    Anna, what cookbook are you using for all of your cake-baking? Is it one cookbook, or just recipes you find here and there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two of the cakes that I made in the past(Coconut Cake & Chocolate cake) are from Bobby Flay's throw down recipes:-) We love that show! and I use yellow cake recipe that I found somewhere for the cupcakes. The Vanilla frosting recipe is from my friend:) It was really easy and yummy! Lately I'm going baking crazy and today when we were visiting our friends on Long Beach I also found out that the Harper's Mom Rachel is also baking a lot lately so we decided it's some kind of new Mom hormone thing...
    Let me know if you would like any of recipes! although I think I read that you are not feeling sweets right now;-)

    ReplyDelete