Family Picture

Family Picture

6.05.2010

What Daddy is up to...

So it dawned on me as I post all these wonderful things Anna and Madison are doing, that you may be wondering what I have been up to...well let me tell you...for the week since my girls have been away I have been going to work and painting...then going to work and painting...then going to work and painting...I think you get the idea...today I took a break to bike around the entire island of Manhattan...I looked on-line for the best bike routes in NYC and came across the Manhattan Waterfront Greenway (http://www.nyc.gov/html/dcp/html/mwg/mwghome.shtml) a 32-mile loop around Manhattan via the East and Hudson river. I started out from our place in Sunnyside at 12:30pm and crossed over the Queensboro Bridge, headed up 1st Ave to 83rd street where I crossed into the East River Bikeway which took me to 120th street where you then go through a part of Harlem and head up to 181st street where you circle around to the Hudson river and look across at NJ as you come back down crossing under the George Washington Bridge, going through wooded parks that would easily make you forget where you are and headed toward Battery Park and the Statue of Liberty where you circle back up the East River crossing through South Street Seaport and head onto 1st Ave which takes you by the United Nations and back to the 59th Street/Queensboro Bridge where I finished strong...it was a really nice ride and getting home at 4:30pm it also was a good way to pass the Saturday.

So tomorrow I have worship and then I have to see what the weather decides to do, because I think I would like to run in Central Park, but I think it is supposed to be stormy...I guess we will see...being away from the girls is really difficult...it seems like there are people with babies Madison's age everywhere I look just to rub it in...not cool. Well only two Saturdays to go...that is awesome!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Baby!

    I hope we will be able to bike ride the big loop as a family in the future!! We miss you sooooooo very much and can't wait to see you in a few weeks:-)

    ReplyDelete