Family Picture

Family Picture

6.12.2010

What Daddy's been up to Part 2

So Anna is preparing an update of what they have been up to in Japan, so I thought I would beat her to the punch...this past week my parents were in town for my Dad's annual show at the Jacob Javits Center so Monday night I biked over to Herald Square after work and had dinner with my Mom at the Dallas BBQ as my Dad had meetings, then Wednesday my Mom was able to get discounted tickets to Promises, Promises, a new Broadway musical starring Kristen Chenowith, Sean Hayes (Jack from Will and Grace) and the mean guy who kills Patrick Swayze and tries to get Demi Moore in Ghost. After Dad took us out to a delicious steak dinner Mom and I headed to the theater through the pouring rain and really enjoyed the show. Then Thursday Mom and Dad stopped by my place on the way out of town and after we ate some Thai they surprised me by offering to help put the fourth (and final!!!) coat of paint on the walls. What a great help they were!! Mom cleaned the kitchen and put all the electrical face plates on the wall while Dad and I painted...the place now sparkles!! After cheering on the Celtics together Mom and Dad stayed the night, sleeping on my mattress in the basement while I made a makeshift bed upstairs. Now that all the housework is basically done, I don't know what to do with myself at night. Today, Saturday, I took another 30+ mile bike ride to a yet explored part of NYC...this time it was the Rockaways...a teacher friend of mine owned a place right around the corner from the beach out there and when I told her I had never been, she invited me out. She is about 65 years old (I'm guessing) and has lived in the Rockaways and Queens most of her life so she was very familiar with Sunnyside and gave me great directions on how to get to her place with my bike...it was another beautiful journey as you cross two bridges with the bay on one side and the open ocean on the other. The only thing that didn't cooperate was the sun...it was cloudy and windy as I arrived at 11:30am after an hour and a half on the bike and went for a run on the boardwalk (practicing for Anna and my upcoming triathlon days sometime in our future), then after lunch with my teacher friend I had wanted to get in my swim portion, but that sun just wouldn't come out...so after laying on the beach for a little while and nearly shivering, I headed back around the corner to her place and what should begin to appear, but that rascal the sun!! After checking on the score of the US/England World Cup match I decided to hit the road and wouldn't you know that the sun was blasting my whole ride home...GRRRRR!!! But now I can say I have been to the Rockaways, which is great and I look forward to taking Anna and Madison out there someday if we find our self back in the city next year. So that gets you caught up on what I have been up to...the rest of my night will be spent downloading pictures to prepare for my Sports Banquet on the 23rd...woohoo I live an exciting life!!

No comments:

Post a Comment